Ice Breaker (optional – choose one below)
- What is your favorite winter Olympic sport or who is your favorite Olympian?
- What’s your best, worst, or strangest Valentine’s Day memory?
Throughout this series, we’ve learned the schemes of the enemy and the ways we can unknowingly open doors to Satan’s involvement in our lives. The wonderful news this weekend is that we can be victorious! No matter where we are in this battle, God stands ready to deliver us.
What stood out to you from this weekend’s message?
If you prayed for deliverance during or after one of our services this weekend, share your experience with the group. We need to be able to celebrate what God is doing and encourage one another as we follow Christ. (Remember, if we really want to experience freedom, we must bring sin into the light.)
We learned four keys to freedom from the story of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32) this week:
- RECOGNIZE that you need help
- REPENT to God and others
- RENOUNCE the lies of Satan
- RECEIVE the gifts of the Father
Why are each of the keys important? Do you think it is possible to experience freedom and miss / skip one of the “keys?” Why or why not?
What does the Bible say?
Read Psalm 91
- What promises do you see in this Psalm for the one who “dwells in the shelter of the Most High?”
- Would you say you are dwelling in your relationship with God? Where in your life are you straying away?
Apply the Message
We have promises of victory over strongholds and the schemes of the devil, but to experience them, we must dwell with God – we must be relying on Him. When we do that, according to Psalm 91, God will protect us.
- Look over the four keys to freedom. Where are you in this process? Which of the four challenges you the most? What do you think your next step is?
- Take time now to pray for each other to experience freedom. Celebrate where you have seen God break strongholds.
- Follow up with each other next week. Ask each other: Are you beginning to experience victory in this area?