God doesn’t want you to waste your life, but to live out the calling He has only created you for.
Describe a time in your life when you felt most grateful for how you got to use your gifts to make a difference.
What is something you have learned about God or yourself during COVID 19 that you think could be helpful to someone else?
Read Matthew 25:14-30 about the parable of the talents and discuss:
- What do you notice about the difference between those who use their talents and those who hid their talents?
- To what degree do you struggle to compare yourself to other people?
- How does this story challenge you to think about how you are investing your talents?
Take turns reading the main points from the message. Have everyone share which idea most resonates with you right now and…why.
- ‘God is not comparing you to anyone else. You are the only you God has created.’
- ‘Delayed obedience is disobedience.’
- ‘Nothing will rob you of joy more than comparing yourself to other people.’
- ‘Perfect love casts out fear.’
- ‘Busy-ness for God does not equal faithfulness to God.’
- ‘When you face God one day, you will either have great regrets or great rewards.”
Have someone read 2 Timothy 1:7-10. Have everyone take a minute to pray, reflect, and write down a step of faith you could take to make your life count more for God’s Kingdom.
Let everyone who feels comfortable share what they wrote and spend some time praying for each other.