Humility is essential to experience God’s dream for your life and the Church.
What is the best habit you have in your life right now that helps you care for your spiritual or mental health?
How is the Growth Challenge helping you develop better habits? If you haven’t signed up, what is holding you back?
Read Philippians 2:1-8 and discuss:
· What does Jesus’ example of humility teach you about God and what He wants for your life?
· Based on the message this week, which way does pride most often show up in your life? (Have your group take turns reading the following list).
- Pride says I can fulfill my own needs.
- Pride says I can take care of myself.
- Pride says ‘I don’t need help.’
- Pride says that I can control outcomes.
- Pride says “this is good enough, this is how it is, this is how it will always be.”
· When you encounter conflict, how do you typically respond on the following scale.
1-Defensive (See the other person’s fault) ______________________________5-Reflective (See my own fault)
· Describe a moment in your life where you gave into pride. What would it have looked like if you embraced humility instead? What do you think would have been the result?
· What is something God is teaching you about humility in this season of life?
Group challenge of the week. Have everyone in your group think of one bad habit they could let go of or one good habit they could embrace to practice humility. Share which habit you will work on with your group this week and next week, check in about how it went!
Make sure to spend time sharing personal prayer requests and praying for God’s big dream for the church.