God runs toward broken people to bring healing and hope.
What is the worst physical pain that you have ever experienced?
What is the best and worst advice you’ve ever been given when you are going through something
Read Mark 5:1-20 as a group and put yourself in the place of the man in the story.
- What is one word you would use to describe the man before he met Jesus? What is one word you would use to describe him after he met Jesus?
- What do you appreciate most about Jesus in this story? How did Jesus impact the man’s mental, emotional, and spiritual health?
- If you were to pick a word to describe a struggle you’ve had during COVID, what would it be? Why?
Read James 5:16 and discuss:
- What does this passage say leads to healing in our life?
- Which is more difficult for you, listening to someone else’s brokenness or admitting your brokenness to others? Why?
Take a step toward trusting each other with your struggles tonight. Have everyone share one way you need God to help you with a struggle and one way you’d like to grow in being a safer place for others in their struggles.
Spend some time praying for each other, the Church, and those in your life who need Jesus.