God is looking to impact the world through people whose hearts are completely committed to Him.
Has there ever been a time in your life when you did not fit into a group because a difference of beliefs or values? If so, what was that like for you?
In Ezekiel 22, God highlights characteristics that are out of line with what He expects from His people. Read Ezekiel 22:23-30 and discuss:
- What did God find lacking in His people at that time? What does this passage show you about what God cares about?
- In the context of 2020, what does it look like for someone to “build the wall and stand in the gap,” or stand for God in our world?
- Is there an area in your life where you find yourself tempted to blend into the culture rather than influence the culture?
Discuss what 2 Chronicles 16:9 says about the kind of person God is looking for to impact the world for Him.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how committed are you to God in your life right now? Why?
- What is something in your life that you struggle to surrender to God?
Against all odds, Elijah was a man who was willing to stand for God in a culture that went away from God.
- What is one truth about God or yourself you need to embrace more fully in your life?
- Is there anything you need to surrender to God to be more committed to Him?
Spend some time praying together about the issues you need to surrender in your life so you can shine the light of Christ brighter in a world full of darkness.