If you want to experience the life you were created for, you need to decide to follow God with your whole heart.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?
What was the best and worst part of Thanksgiving for you this year?
1 Kings 18 is one of the most epic stories in the Bible where we find an encounter between the evil King Ahab and the prophet Elijah. Read 1 Kings 18:17-39 and try to put yourself in the shoes of Elijah. Discuss:
· How would you have felt if you were in this moment?
· What does this story teach you about God and about human beings?
· What does this story teach us about what God wants FOR or FROM us?
· Can you describe a time in your life where you were “dancing between” commitment to God and “other gods” or idols? (money, power, approval, sex, acceptance, etc)
· When did you decide to commit your life to God? If you have not committed to follow Jesus, what holds you back from that?
As you close, have everyone share one thing that you feel most tempted to keep you from being fully devoted to God in your life.
Spend some time praying together as the Spirit leads.