Ice Breaker (optional – choose one below)
- What is the farthest destination you’ve ever been from home?
- What is the longest trip or vacation you have ever had? Was that a good or a bad thing?
This week we learned that we are ambassadors, living out God’s promises and His purpose in our world.
What stood out to you from this weekend’s message?
Have you ever had something entrusted to you that you didn’t feel ready to handle? Why did you doubt yourself?
Does your past affect your approach of future possibilities? How?
What does the Bible say?
Read Joshua 1:1-9
- God makes bold promises in this passage. Why do you think he does that?
- What commands did you find in this passage? Why are they important?
- What do you think being Christ’s ambassador looks like in today’s world?
Read Hebrews 4:12
- How does this passage help you to become an ambassador living out your purpose?
Apply the Message
We can live out God’s promises and purpose in our world if we see ourselves as God see us.
- Take a minute now to make a list of the roles you play in the world (father, daughter, neighbor, boss, friend, technician, etc.)
- Take some time over the next couple of days to consider how God can use you as an ambassador in these roles. Then, write your answers out and leave them somewhere visible so that you can be reminded.
After Easter, we will be launching a new sermon series in partnership with over 50 other churches around the Triangle called Explore God. This study will be available through message-based study guides at Gethope.net or the GetHope app, or the study can be found at TriangleExploreGod.com