Send these notes to yourself before Thursday, or they will be lost.
There was an error, please try again.
Fear, Week Three:
The story of the rich young ruler (Mark 10:17-30):
- He wanted an easy spiritual plan (Mark 10:17)
- Jesus challenged him to give up what was most precious to him (Mark 10:21)
Three observations from this story:
- Your commitments show what you value (Mark 10:21)
- Every commitment costs you something (Mark 10:22)
- A commitment to Jesus always gives you more (Mark 10:29-30)
Two guiding principles for how to deal with the fear of commitment:
- Discover your values
- Two questions that help you discover your values:
- What do you love deeply?
- What makes you righteously angry?
- Decide what’s most important (Ephesians 5:15-17)
Parting Question: Do you fear that God lacks the strength or wisdom to fulfill His declared purpose?