Send these notes to yourself before Thursday, or they will be lost.
There was an error, please try again.
House of Cards, Week Two:
There’s nothing better than being able to relax in your home without any conflict; there’s nothing more miserable than a home that’s full of turmoil
Four stages of marriage:
- The “Smitten” Stage
- The “Oh No!” Stage
- The “How Did We Get Here?” Stage
- The “What Do We Do Now?” Stage
You begin to consider your options:
- Option one: “I’ll grin and bear it”
- Option two: “I’ll separate”
- Option three: “I’ll divorce”
- Option four: “I’ll work until we get it right”
Five ways to, not only survive, but transform a marriage:
- Accept responsibility for your part of the marriage mess
- You have no control over your spouse’s behavior and attitude, but you have total control over yours
- Believe that your marriage can change
- God’s power is unlimited, and anything is possible with Him (Jeremiah 32:17, Jeremiah 32:27, Luke 18:27)
- Commit to doing whatever it takes (Galatians 6:9)
- Now, I know what some of you are thinking: “I don’t feel like working on it anymore.” What do you do from here?
- You pray and obey
- Keep in mind: It’s much easier to act your way into a feeling, than it is to feel your way into an action
- Deal with unresolved hurt
- Enlist support from others
Parting Question: What’s the first thing you’re going to do when you leave today?