Send these notes to yourself before Thursday, or they will be lost.
There was an error, please try again.
Finding God: Week One
2 Corinthians 11:3
How do we help people passionately pursue God?
There are four groups of people in every church:
- EXPLORING GOD
- BEGINNING WITH GOD
- CLOSE TO GOD
- GOD CENTERED
How do you move from GROUP 1 to GROUP 4?
- The keyword that moved people from 1 to 2: GRACE
- The keyword that moves people from 2 to 3: BIBLE
- The keyword that describes moving from 3 to 4: GIVING
Think of the pursuit of God-centeredness like a relationship:
- People who are EXPLORING GOD don’t know Him yet
- People who are BEGINNING WITH GOD have met Him. He’s a friend now.
- When you’re CLOSE TO GOD, He’s your best friend.
- When you’re GOD-CENTERED, God is like the person you’ve been married to for 40 years. Someone you’d lay your life down for.
Three things Satan doesn’t want the EXPLORING GOD group to believe:
- Salvation isn’t based on what you do
- Not only is salvation a gift from God—it’s free for you
- It’s easy to receive the gift of salvation