Ice Breaker (optional – choose one below)
- Share a favorite memory you have of your mom or with a mother figure who played a key role in your life. What makes this memory special?
- What do you think would be a perfect Mother’s Day gift?
In honor of Mother’s Day, we learned the top four relational needs of women in a marriage relationship are Communication, Leadership, Security and Understanding. (We will address the top needs of men in a message on Father’s Day.)
Often, conflict in our relationships can start from simply misunderstanding each other. How can understanding the needs of others help us to relate to each other in healthier ways?
Ladies, what did you think of the needs on this list? Which of these do you find to be the truest of you? Is there a top need in your life that isn’t on the list?
Men, which of these feels like it would be or has been the greatest challenge for you?
What does the Bible say?
How did Jesus love the Church? (What did He do? What did it cost?)
What do you think it looks like for a man to love a woman the way Christ loves the Church?
Apply the Message
We learn what real love looks like by seeing how Christ loves the church. Just like Jesus, we must be willing to set our needs aside to be able to see and to meet the needs of others.
- As a group: How can we help one another to grow in the way we ask for and show love to each other?
- Men: Go to a woman in your life who is important to you (spouse, girlfriend, parent, etc.) and ask her to give you feedback on where you need to grow in order for her to better feel loved.
- Ladies: If there is something the man in your life could do to help you better feel loved, share honestly but remember to do so with a spirit of grace. (Remember, he will have his chance in June.)