Ice Breaker (optional – choose one below)
- Share a funny circumstance when you or someone you know didn’t see something that was right in front of them that caused an awkward or funny situation.
- Which is the better Beatles song: “Help!” or “With a Little Help From My Friends?”
There is no greater experience in life than to be used by God to impact the life of someone else.
Who is someone who has impacted your life by helping you when you really needed help?
We learned this week that love must result in action to be authentic. Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
We sometimes fail to move our compassion to action when we encounter “compassion fatigue” – the call to care for more causes than we can possibly meet. When was a time when you experienced this?
What does the Bible say?
Read Luke 10:25-37
What stands out to you from this story?
Which of the “characters” in the story do you identify with more – the Priest, Levite or the Samaritan? What tends to be your first inclination when faced with a need that would “inconvenience” you?
Apply the Message
We have all been placed in situations with neighbors who have needs God may want us to meet.
- Who is your neighbor? (Are my eyes open to the people around me? Do I see them?)
- What is the need? (Am I engaging with people deeply enough to be able to learn their needs?)
- Based on our discussion tonight, is there a person or need that is coming to mind? What is a step you can take this week to move towards meeting that need?