Ice Breaker (optional – choose one below)
- What’s your favorite birthday gift you’ve ever received?
- Do you more enjoy giving a gift or receiving one?
- Would you rather receive a gift or a gift card?
God has designed and gifted you to do something great with your life.
What was your idea of spiritual gifts before this message? Was this new information to you or something you’d heard before?
When is a time that you experienced joy or made a big impact while serving?
What does the Bible say?
What does this say about different kinds of gifts? How should this affect the value you place on your gifts compared to others’ gifts?
Who is “the church” in these verses?
In the message, we learned that this verse gives a job description for our church staff. How does that affect your expectations of what you think church staff should do?
According to these verses, why did God give spiritual gifts to the church? How does this affect what you think it means to be part of the church?
Apply the Message
It’s easier to discover your spiritual gift through doing ministry than to discover your ministry through learning your spiritual gift.
- What ways have you served in the church? How has that helped you discover your gifts?
- If you’re not currently using your gifts to serve in the church, go online to see what serving opportunities are available. Commit to having a conversation with someone this week about how you could best use your gifts.
- Take the rest of your time to affirm your group for the giftedness you see in each other. (If your group is fairly new, you might instead share your personal joys or passions with each other.)