Oct. 11, 2020
Future Tense – Week Two
Fear seems to surround us at every turn: the pandemic, the election, education, physical security and financial stability. With all the chaos surrounding us, our spiritual questions and fears can grow and distort. This week, we’ll address the fear of the future by examining:
- One of the main questions we’re addressing in this series and a review of last week.
- What the Bible says about heaven.
- It’s important to think about some of the questions we’re addressing in this series and to remember last week’s message.
One main question we’re addressing is, “What if this is the end of the world?”
Other questions we address are: “What is it that we need to know?” and “What does the future look like?”
Last week, we discussed that there will be two judgements when Jesus returns.
1st – The Judgment Seat of Christ (for Christians) – Eternity in Heaven
2nd – The Great White Throne (for those who never responded to the gospel) – Eternity in Hell
Perspective changes everything.
When we face difficulties with the future, these topics have an entirely different impact than when life is easy.
“God whispers to us in our pleasure, but he shouts to us in our pain.” A.W. Tozer
- The Bible speaks about some aspects of heaven.
The #1 question Mike gets asked the most by women about heaven is, “Will my pets be in heaven?”
The #1 question Mike gets asked the most by men about heaven is, “Will we have sex in heaven?”
Here are 10 facts about heaven:
2. We will have bodies in heaven. (1 Corinthians 15:47-49)
3. When we die, we go to heaven immediately. (2 Corinthians 5:8)
7. We will remember our lives on earth.
We must think seriously about heaven.