Dec. 7 & 8, 2019
Have you ever had to give up on something you’ve spent years hoping for or working toward?
- It can feel like life is spinning out of control, like God’s promises don’t include you
In the wake of David’s sin with Bathsheeba, his family begins to fall apart
- David’s expectations for how God would fulfill His promises has to change
- Fortunately, he has experience going through major upheaval (2 Samuel 15:23-24)
David flees Jerusalem, but he makes a controversial decision (2 Samuel 15:25-26)
By making this decision, David avoided three mistakes:
- He didn’t attach his faith in God to the fulfillment of his dreams
- He didn’t attach his faith in God to his assumptions about how God would fulfill his promise
- He didn’t take matters into his own hands and try to manipulate the situation
Parting question: How will you respond the next time something you hoped for, expected and sacrificed for doesn’t end up happening?