Jan. 18 & 19, 2020
The story of the Prodigal Son is a story about two sons, both with issues and it’s also the story about a father who loved them both unconditionally. (Luke 15:1-3, 21-25, and 29-30)
Three affects of Older Brother Syndrome:
- It affects how we see ourselves (Luke 15:29 and Luke 18:9-14)
- It affects how we see others (Luke 7:36-43, 47 and James 2:10)
- It affects how we see the Father (Luke 15:11-12 and Luke 15:31, Galatians 1:1, 1 Corinthians 15:9, Ephesians 3:8, 1 Timothy 1:15 and 1 Corinthians 2:2)
Symptoms of Older Brother Syndrome:
- You’d rather judge people than help people
- You’re disappointed when people don’t get what you think they deserve
- You’re angry when it appears that God blesses others more than you
- You often say, “I would never do that,” even though, deep down inside you’d like to
If you don’t think you’re as bad as others, you’re not going to be as grateful as others.
Our mission at Hope is to love people where they are and encourage them to grow in their relationship with Jesus. Let’s work hard at extending our arms to the broken people around us.