July 4 & 5, 2020
Obstacle Course – Week One
When we begin to live life according to the path we believe God is leading us toward, we can face many obstacles along the way. We’ll discuss why this happens by examining:
- Acts 19:8-10.
- Truths about God and His plan for you.
- How to prepare your mind to embrace obstacles.
- A final question about why you might not believe in God.
- Acts 19:8-10 speaks about how Paul shared the Gospel.
The Gospel was shared to all the Jews and Greeks living in the province of Asia.
The Word of the Lord is spread by believers, and we all play a part in that.
- Here are some truths about God and His plan for you.
1. God’s primary means of expanding His Kingdom is you.
Ephesians 2:8-10 – God has an amazing purpose for your life.
“God’s plan for your life necessitates that you change.” (Galatians 2)
2. Between God’s promise and God’s payoff, there’s always a process.
The main way that God prepares us is through trials.
- There are ways to ready your mind to embrace obstacles, which is how God prepares us for His Will.
James 1:1 Seasons of preparation can either create perseverance or anger, maturity or bitterness towards God.
James 1:2-4 God says to consider/count it joy (be thankful) to face obstacles or trials.
“What could God be achieving through this?”
James 1:3-4 James gives us a list of things that God is working in us.
1. A greater awareness of our faith (testing)
5. Gaining something we lack
“God will allow evil only to the degree that it brings about the very opposite of what it intends.” — Tim Keller
James 1:5 Draw near to God to lay down your anger against Him.
James 1:5b God can handle your questions. He answers without hesitation over and over again.
- Here’s a final question to ask yourself if you don’t believe.
Could it be that the very experiences you’ve used as proof that God doesn’t exist are actually the uncomfortable mercies of God trying to draw you into a relationship with Him?