Mar. 23 & 24, 2019
How do you start a relationship with God? How do you keep it moving? In a culture of easy distractions and broken relationships, it can be difficult to know if you’re headed in the right direction. In our new series, Finding God, you’ll learn how to make your relationship with God personal… and how to keep it growing.
What does it look like when a person goes from beginning with God to close to God?
In order to move from beginning with God to being close to God we need the Word of God to transform us.
In this season of beginning with God is all about soil preparation and making your heart a place where the Word can land, grow and thrive.
In order to thrive in this stage there are two mindsets that we need to adopt:
- God is for your joy, not against it
- God is after heart transformation, not behavior modification
God’s primary way of transforming us is through His Word.
Below is a five step process on how to study the Bible well:
- Get a good Bible (two versions to try include: NIV or ESV)
- Set a regular time to study the Bible each day
- Ask yourself, what does this text mean?
- Ask yourself, what am I going to do about what I’ve learned?
- Ask yourself, who am I going to tell about what I’ve learned?