- Play a round of “Would you rather?” Try these out or come up with some of your own!
- Would you rather go to the Super Bowl or to the Grand Canyon?
- Would you rather follow the leader or be the leader?
- Would you rather skydive from a plane or high dive 66’ into a pool?
- Would you rather go to a high school reunion or proctor a six-hour test?
- Would you rather tell your parents all of your mistakes or have them move in with you for a month?
Who we say Jesus is will shape how we live our lives.
What do people in our culture believe is true about Jesus? What do they believe is not true?
What do you believe is most true about Jesus? Who is He to you?
What does the Bible say?
Read Matthew 16:13-17
Why did people think that Jesus was John the Baptist, Elijah or Jeremiah?
Who does Peter say that Jesus is? How did he know?
Read John 14:6
Jesus is crystal clear about who He is in this verse. Does this make it easier or harder to follow Him?
How does knowing that Jesus really is the only way, the absolute truth and the source of eternal life change the way we approach our daily life?
Apply the Message
Is it clear to you that Jesus is who He says He is?
- If not, or if you are having a hard time believing Jesus can save you, ask a group member or another Christian to talk with you about it before the next group meeting. Don’t be embarrassed – it’s important that you get the answers you need!
- If it is clear to you that Jesus is who He says He is, consider whether you are living out what you believe to be true. Make it a priority to ask another believer to pray for and check in with you about how it’s going, it matters!