Ice Breaker (optional – choose one below)
- What is the most amazing victory you’ve seen someone achieve?
- Did you invite a guest to come to Easter? If so, share what you know about their experience.
This week we learned that Easter is not the celebration of a religious idea. It’s about an event that changed everything, starting with the disciples turning from followers of Jesus’ teachings to witnesses of Jesus’ death and resurrection back to life.
What stood out to you from this weekend’s message?
Why is it important to see Easter as a celebration of a historical event rather than a celebration of the teachings of Jesus? What do we miss when we don’t keep the event of the resurrection central to Easter?
This weekend, we heard the story of how Jesus’ disciples died as a result of their refusal to stop talking about the resurrection. Have you heard this before? How does this impact your view of what occurred on Easter?
What does the Bible say?
Read Acts 4:1-12
- Do you think Peter would have handled himself the same way before seeing the resurrection? Why or why not?
- What do Peter’s words say about his confidence in Jesus as the Savior? How would you compare your confidence to Peter’s?
- How does our culture react to Peter’s claim that “there is no other name for salvation?” How could we respond to that?
Apply the Message
Easter isn’t about religion (a belief system to explain the unexplainable); it’s about an event that changed everything for those who are willing to trust in Jesus as their Savior.
- If you aren’t sure if the event of Easter changes everything for you, take time this week to talk about it with someone. We would love to talk to you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our campuses and we will get back with you.
- Did you pray this weekend to place your trust in Jesus to be your Savior? We are so excited to partner with you and support you as you begin your new life of faith.
- Let us know about your decision so we can help you with your next step. Go to gethope.net/newdecision and fill out the short form with your contact information and someone will follow up with you soon.
- You’ll also find information on reading the Bible, baptism and our Starting Point class at gethope.net/newdecision.
- The disciples could not contain the spread of the good news. Even the threat of imprisonment and death did not stop them. What about you? Who could you invite to join your group for the Explore God series starting next weekend?
ABOUT EXPLORE GOD
Next week, we will be launching a new sermon series in partnership with over 50 other churches around the Triangle called Explore God. This study will be available through message-based study guides at Gethope.net or the GetHope app, or the study can be found at TriangleExploreGod.com
It’s not too late to launch a new group! Go to TriangleExploreGod.com to get started!