We are so excited
you’ve just decided to put your trust in Jesus! This is a new beginning for you and there’s a good chance you’re thinking, “What now?” First, tell us by clicking the link below! We want to answer any questions you have and equip you on your faith journey.
One of the best ways to keep your faith active and growing is to regularly experience God’s presence with others. We hope you’ll do that here at Hope! Join us at any of our campuses. For locations and service times, click here. We can’t wait to see you again!
Read the Bible
There is no better way to grow in your faith and in your relationship with God than to spend time reading the Bible. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- First: If you don’t have a Bible, we would love to give you one. You can find one at the Next Steps area at your campus.
- If you’re not sure where to start, try the book of John. This book gives you a great look at who Jesus is and what it can look like to have a close relationship with Him.
- Pray. Ask God to help you understand what you are reading.
- Get some context. Read the summary at the beginning of each book to give you context about who wrote the book and why they wrote it. (If your Bible doesn’t have this feature, click here for a free online version)
- Ask questions to get more out of what you are reading.
- What does this say? (Look at what is happening in the text. Look for facts, people and context – where is it happening? Who is there?)
- What does this mean? (Why might this have been recorded? Is there a lesson to learn, an example to follow, a warning to heed, something to avoid? What does the text reveal about God’s character?)
- Is there anything I need to do? (What in my actions, attitudes, behaviors, etc. should change in light of what I have just read?)
- Write. If something really stands out to you as you read, highlight it in your Bible or make a note about what you learned.
Another Great Resource
Book – Discipleship Essentials
- A great book to learn the basics of what it means to follow Jesus, grow in your relationship with Him and understand the church. You can go through this book alone, with a friend or from one of our area pastors.
*If you can’t buy a copy please let us know and we can get you one.
Baptism is an outward expression of your decision to follow Christ — showing others you’ve placed your faith in Jesus and are now a “new creation.” Even Jesus was baptized and the Bible says this was pleasing to God.
You can compare baptism to a wedding ring. A wedding ring is worn to show to the world you made a lifelong commitment to another person. The ring itself doesn’t make you married – it’s simply a symbol. In much the same way, baptism doesn’t create your relationship with Jesus, it announces it.
(If you have any questions as to whether or not baptism is a step you need to take, we encourage you to click the link below and sign up to meet with a member of our staff. We are happy to answer your questions and signing up does not commit you to be baptized.)Baptism sign up
Starting Point is a nine-week class that is designed to be a safe place for you to ask even the most simple questions and learn the basics of what it means to be a Christian, what we believe and how to take steps to grow in your relationship with Christ. We recommend that every person who has recently made a decision to follow Christ take this class to get a firm foundation for your faith.Starting Point class sign up