Reflection + Resources: Dating
House of Cards | 10.24.2021
So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
- What about your relationship with Jesus are you most thankful for in this season of life?
- If your close friends observed your relationships for the last month, would you be setting an example that would draw them to Jesus?
- What would need to change for you to answer the last question positively?
- How could you handle your relationships (married or single) in a way that is more honorable to God?
Spend some time in silent prayer with God. You can use the PRAY acronym below to guide you.
- P: Praise – Spend some time thanking God for who He is in your life.
- R: Real life – Spend some time engaging God about your real needs and concerns.
- A: Ask – Ask for God’s provision, love, and power to be made known to people in your life.
- Y: Your will – Spend some time being silent and listening for God’s direction.
“Father, help me to keep You as my first love and trust You have what is best for me. Forgive me for ways I have put my selfish desires in the center of my dating or marriage relationships. I want to learn how to treat those closest to me in a way that glorifies You. Help me to become a person that is trustworthy and experience the joy of obedience in my relationships. Amen.”
The Parent Hub: Resources to help you talk about God’s view of healthy relationships
Books and Additional Resources on Marriage from a Christ-Centered Perspective:
- The Sacred Search, Gary Thomas
- Outdated, by Jonathan Pokluda
- Love, Sex, and Dating, by Andy Stanley